We are looking to add a covered front porch to our 50s era ranch house. The entrance to the house is currently through the kitchen. We would like to remove the existing entrance (stairway, porch, and railing), and wall in the existing door. We would like to make the entrance and porch on the left side of the house where the triple window currently is. The front of the house is currently flat and boring. We would like to add some architectural interest that fits with the style of the home.
We want to add a front porch that will add interest to the front of the house. We want it big enough to have some seating. We understand it will create some asymmetry being on the left side of the house, but want to create as much balance as possible. I have attached multiple views of the front of the house.
- The house is currently a ranch style house, but we are very interested in the craftsman style.
- We are prepared to replace siding, light fixtures, shutters, etc.
- Multiple materials are encouraged. I.E. stone, brick, wood, etc.
- We want the front door to be an interesting focal point as well.
- We would like there to be some seating area on the porch as well.
1. We are open to quirky, unique or innovative takes on our thoughts.
2. The design concept must be detailed as we are planning to execute based on the winning submission.
3. We would like the opportunity for continued contact with the winner after the project is awarded.