Please see walk in video in current house in this link :
This project includes the following:
1. House addition of ~550 s.f. , towards the front of the house. Addition should include three new bedrooms and a new bath. Current house is 4 bedroom 2 baths, after addition house should include5 bedrooms, 3 baths
2. Bath should include only shower, not a full bath
3. The remodeling including also internal layout changes - remove of current wall between living room and family room and create a decorative isolation between living room andfamily room, changing one of the room to walk in closet that connects to the master bedroom ( and using the rest of that room to extend living room), removal of a room that will have no window after the house addition ( and do something interesting n this space. Please refer to the attached PPT for current house layout, dimensions and current addition plans
4. Current kitchen stay as is. Current two baths stay as is.
5. Floor need to be replaced - carpets go away and replaced by hardwood floor.
6. The house has a gas fireplace on a wall that we are going to remove - we are thinking of moving it to the old fireplace space ( see pictures attached) , but open for new ideas in tis space.
What are we looking for? Innovation and creative thinking in layout of new addition ( 3 new BR, 1 new bath), Innovation and creative thinking in the new layout of family room and living room - we do not like divided walls, we like open spaces, but we know we need 'some' separation between living and family rooms. We need creative thhnking here.
We are looking for affordable design option - Our budget is very limited in this project.
Our goal in this contest is to get early conceptual designs that we will evaluate, and to proceed right after with the selected designer towards a more detail design we can give to our engineer. We are asking for answers of these conceptual designs until Sep 15 so we can move fast to a more details design and plans.
Thank you for you participation!