I would like to remodel my existing kitchen (27' x 13') and take down a wall with an adjoining family room (13x 13'). The idea is to create a larger more open space to integrate a family room type feel adjacent to the kitchen as well as have a less formal dining experience for both guests and for regular dining.
The position of everything shown in the pictures is movable (including windows) except the following
• Door to the backyard
• Entrance to the master bedroom
• Entrance from the living room to this space
• Entrance to the hallway to the other bedrooms
The key uses of this space will be (in order of priority)
• A kitchen to cook everyday meals
• Entertaining guests with a nice flow to the backyard. We also have a formal living room which will be used to entertain guests that we are less familiar with
• A family room with a TV etc that naturally flows to the backyard
We would like to go with lighter color cabinets (white or grey)and preferably continue the hardwood floor to the kitchen.
The rest is a blank slate.