We are moving into a new office building that has an attached warehouse. We would like to redo the whole office area and site plans around the building. The warehouse portion is just going to be storage, so is not part of this project. The office is approx 60.22' in length 33.17' in width. Entrance is marked on floor_plan_drawings.pdf as "foyer". The door opposite the foyer currently leads into the warehouse. All around the front of the building are windows, and wrap around approximately 12' around each of the 2 sides. The floors are currently commercial carpet and ceiling are drop-down ceiling tile with commercial fluorescent lightning. The walls can be knocked down. We want to redo the floor, ceiling, and lights (commercial LED lights due to rebates we have in the area).
There are a total of 5 bathroom in this building. 4 are located back to back opposite the foyer, the other one is a bigger bathroom. We are thinking to keep 2, one for men and the other for women. The men's restroom will be used by warehouse employee (all men) as well as male office employees.
We design and sell children's furniture and toys made out of wood. Our products are attached in one of the images (the area in the picture is 200 sqft). we want to use an approximately 200~400 sqft area, maybe replacing the foyer, as the showroom so we can show customers and guests our products. However, we do not have a lot of guests since we only sell business to business.
All the walls can be demoed, carpet removed. We would like to not move bathroom as we are reducing bathrooms, and it is expensive to move bathrooms.
I am looking to execute this project in March 2013.
- Showroom area (200~400 sqft). Designed like a room so our products, that are room furniture, can be shown as if they are in a child's bedroom.
- Two separate bullpen areas. One we want to fit 6 people as the front office area. Where sales people and customer service will be located. The front office bullpen area should balance between privacy yet people can still talk and discuss work projects. The next area for the back office, where accounting and administrative sits, we like to sit 3 people. We need the workstations layout for those bullpen areas.
- We need 2 offices. One located next to each of the bullpen area for the sales manager and accounting manager to sit.
- We need 1 conference room to fit 8 people
- We need 1 kitchenette with table that sits 4 people at a time so people can each lunch. We want a refrigerator, sink, a dishwasher, and some cabinets. We don't want the kitchenette to be too big.
- We would like the site plan and layout the overall landscaping as well. (Doesn't have to specify the plants to use, just the design). The image of the property is attached as overhead_view.jpg
- We need filing cabinets for the 2 areas. We currently have 4 tall filing cabinets in the back office area and 2 tall filing cabinet in the front office area that is enough. We also have a supply cabinet for office supplies.
It is an office so we have minimal walk-in customers, probably only 1~2 a day. However, the front of the office faces a major roadway and train station, so we would like to get some privacy from the train station and traffic.
We want to consider spaces so we can grow and accommodate more employees, but each employee should have good amount of workstation space so they can work. We have 7 people right now.
We would like the kitchenette to have 1 entrance to the warehouse and 1 from the office, so warehouse employees can come in easily as well. A separate passage way from office to warehouse is also good.
The office has 5 bathrooms now, which is more than we need. We only need 1 for men and 1 for women. Maybe the area can be repurposed to use the existing water line for the kitchenette.
We have our company brand style guide attached. It would be desirable to use the colors and material inside as inspiration.
We would like LED lighting, the existing fluorescent lighting should be changed since our area offers electrical rebate to change them to commercial LED lighting.
Please note that we are located in New York, USA. So please make sure the site plan takes that into account. (Snows, etc).
Affordable and functional design that provides a warm and welcoming office feeling that people love to come to work to. It is important to incorporate the color and material in the style-guide as well. We are looking to spend around $60,000 for all the workstations, furnishings, etc. Green-friendly is a plus especially if it is a more affordable alternative.
Modern, tasteful but not stuck-up.
Lovely, calm place for employee to work in.
We want employees to feel comfortable, calm, and enjoy working in the office. We want to facilitate teamwork and communication between our team. I'm trying to stay away from long narrow hallways as I do not want a closed-in feel.
I need to be able to use these plans to pass on to the contractor.
Detailed blueprint (topview, and eye-level views) with measurements, electrical plan and overhead plan to see how we layout the lights and electrical outlets for workstations, and any other documents as specified. 3D rendition, description and any additional suggestions.
I have attached the site survey, exterior images, floor plans, floor plan on file with the town, and images of our products (for inspiration of the show room).