The basic change in the layout is the interchange of bathroom and kitchen spaces. This helps in allowing ventilation through the windows on all three sides of the house. Plus, moving the bathroom towards the center of the house gives it an easy access from all the parts of the house.
The design considerations applied to each of the spaces are as follows:
- A continuous C-shape counter for increased storage.
- Ventilation on 2 sides with views to the marshland beyond.
- Connection to the dining area.
- The wash basin is moved outside since this is the only bath space of the house, people can access the vanity cabinet and the wash basin even while the bathroom is occupied.
- The door to the bathroom is shielded from direct view from all the major areas ensuring privacy.
- It can accommodate a small shower cubicle and a water closet.
- The existing study area is converted into an indoor dining space in direct alignment to the outdoor deck, only separated by a folding door. This gives direct views from the outside and can form a continuous large space to accommodate more people.
-As per the brief, the TV viewing area is shifted near the staircase and the space near the fireplace is converted into a reading lounge wish a desk, arm chairs, poufs, etc.
- The bottom two steps of the staircase are moved to either side- one towards the living room and another towards the dining area. The staircase wall from that part is removed to bring a visual connection between the living room and the dining room and also to add a tinge of playfulness in an otherwise single-level floor-plan. One side of the staircase wall serves as a backdrop for the TV unit and the other side for a cabinet.
- A part of the covered portion of the deck is used for enlarging the kitchen. The rest of it is as it is. The orientation of the steps down from the deck is changed and the wooden post from the center of the space is removed for unobstructed views. The load can be transferred by using a single steel girder instead.
Оставьте комментарии ниже.